Win a copy of Lizzie Bennet's Diary through LibraryThing
May 25, 2019
Have a LibraryThing account? Through May 31, 2019 Lizzie Bennet's Diary will be available for request on the Member Giveaway page. Up to one hundred winners will receive links to the EPUB, MOBI, and PDF files on June 1.
Lizzie Bennet's Diary Now Available in Paperback!
April 21, 2019
I released Lizzie Bennet's Diary in paperback and eBook formats through Lulu. See purchase information on my Books page.
Cover of Lizzie Bennet's Diary
- Writers, Count Your Blessings February 28, 2021 The vast majority of writers probably have privileged lives, because we wouldn't have been able to become writers otherwise. Yet despite our enviable advantages, and the fact we're fortunate enough to have the tools and time to pursue our dreams, somehow we became the whiniest, most self-pitying group of professionals I've seen on the internet.
- Thoughts on the Women's Fiction Label February 8, 2021 After the inauguration went through without a single murder, and desperate newspaper editors had to resort to headlines about Rolex watches to fill the controversy vacuum, my writing mojo came back like magic.
- Finding Joy in Imperfection and Obscurity January 1, 2021 The arts enrich our lives, but they've never enriched our wallets, and they never will. So yes, we must indeed write for personal fulfillment instead of money, or the foolish pursuit of commercial success will poison our art and our sanity.
- How to Write Nontoxic Conflict in Romance December 24, 2020 Common conflicts might not seem melodramatic enough for a romance. They're not shocking like rape scenes. They're not soul-crushing like outrageous misunderstandings, sudden betrayals, or secrets with tragic consequences. But you don't need Big Trauma for Big Drama.
- Why Authors Should Write Characters from Different Cultures August 12, 2020 It's frustrating to see Twitter meekly accept that shelf space for non-white or LGBTQ+ books is limited and fight over who deserves to fill it.