Win a copy of Lizzie Bennet's Diary through LibraryThing
May 25, 2019
Have a LibraryThing account? Through May 31, 2019 Lizzie Bennet's Diary will be available for request on the Member Giveaway page. Up to one hundred winners will receive links to the EPUB, MOBI, and PDF files on June 1.
Lizzie Bennet's Diary Now Available in Paperback!
April 21, 2019
I released Lizzie Bennet's Diary in paperback and eBook formats through Lulu. See purchase information on my Books page.
Cover of Lizzie Bennet's Diary
- Why Authors Should Write Characters from Different Cultures August 12, 2020 It's frustrating to see Twitter meekly accept that shelf space for non-white or LGBTQ+ books is limited and fight over who deserves to fill it.
- Books Are Not Movies May 21, 2020 Many authors tend to write as if they're describing a movie or TV show in text. But what would make for an interesting viewing experience makes for a very dull reading experience.
- Fiction is Not Reality April 7, 2020 "Realism" seems to be the favored excuse for bad morals and plain old bad writing. Whenever writers face criticism for writing unethical lessons, racist/sexist stereotypes, or language that needlessly upsets readers, the common response is, "But those things are realistic."
- Writing Experiences Other Than Your Own January 2, 2020 We should all write about people from other cultures. How lame it would be if every fictional world were populated by characters from only one background. But we have a responsibility to write respectfully and well, in a way that makes the real world better.
- Reflections on the RWA Dumpster Fire December 28, 2019 "SJWs," "triggered," "virtue signalling." All of these hot keywords I saw over and over yesterday boil down to one sentiment: racism isn't real. And if it is real, it isn't that bad. And if it is bad, you're just too sensitive.